What We Do
Aims & Objectives
1. To promote the welfare of members of the association.
2. To determine what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become members of Home Economics Professional Association of Nigeria and keep under review those standards as circumstance permit.
3. To establish, maintain and secure in accordance with the provisions of this constitution, a register of fellows, members and affiliates entitled to practice as Home Economists and to publish the names of those persons from time to time.
4. To provide a forum for meeting and discussion of matters of mutual interest and to preserve and promote the interest of Home Economists nationally and international.
5. To organize continuing education and professional training and development of those seeking to become professional Home Economists or who are professional Home Economists.
6. To undertake or promote research studies on Home Economics and disseminate research information.
7. To serve as information and data bank on Home Economics.
8. To promote the course of Home Economics as a professional body and maintain high standards of discipline and professional conduct.
9. To appoint and recognize Fellows of Home Economics in various categories using processes determined by the Association.